I served the pork chops smothered in sauce over Parsnip Mash with a Carrot & Capsicum Salad.
The pork chops also go well with Carrot & Turnip Mash, Cabbage & Onion Stir-Fry, Potato Mash or Cauli Mash.
Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Without thickening agents, LCHF sauces are generally quite runny - reduction is the key!
I developed this one which turned out really well.
You can vary this sauce by substituting the
* Cream with Greek/natural yoghurt, sour cream
or cream cheese (full fat)
* Spring Onions with red onion, peppercorns
(black or green) or mushrooms (fry until soft)
* Chicken Stock with any other type of stock
* Mustard with prepared horseradish or any other
type of mustard
* Parsley with chives, thyme, origanum or any
other herb you prefer.
A really good LCHF Sauce...
Leave a Reply.
Barbara du Plessis
I live in the beautiful town of Knysna in the Western Cape of South Africa. Besides keeping myself happily busy with professional (ICT) work, I also indulge in the real good things in life...cooking, eating, writing, publishing and all the fun IT stuff!